Sunday, May 13, 2007





I read this article in the new york times about Leonard Limoy and his photography. I hope I can get this image uploaded. I loved his site! There was something playful and beautiful and just visual, about these women you never usually see (without lots of coverings).




I remember a few years ago when we went to Barcelona (what a fabulous city it is!) and there was a decent enough beach there and I went with my son but the thing that caught my eye was that there were these groups of grandmothers there, the Spanish grandmotherly type you usually expect to see in black tops and skirts, just sitting at the waters edge, chatting happily and completely comfortable and topless. And I loved them for it. One of the younger men sneered when I told him about it, saying well he wouldn't want to see them. And I looked at him and said, they weren't doing it for you, they were doing it for themselves. That year I bought my first bikini, well ever, I think. And I wore it, thinking of them, and wearing it for myself, and loving the tan it gave me.


I will definitely buy the Nimoy book on the Full Body Project when it comes out!

No comments: