Tuesday, May 1, 2007

How we came into being

I was sitting with Friends telling them of the interesting quirky things I was doing. And they told me of the interesting quirky things they were doing. And we decided that a blog listing/linking all our quirky interests as we hang about New York City, would be a good thing. So here we are...

I'll give you the 3 examples that started this conversation off:

1. Dance Dance Party Party is a weekly event that takes place in a dance school near Astor Place. Women only, you basically arrive in your gym gear at 4pm and dance, jump, even skip should the mood take you, in a darkened room lit by one of those daggy disco balls. A fabulous time is had by all. I love to dance, and hate that you can only start at midnight! Starting at 4pm (sans liquor) did seem a bit early to me, and it took me about 15 mins to get into it, but by the time Jump (for your love) came on, I was jumping with the best of them. We were all singing out loud to Gloria (I was surprised at how 80's the music was. Apparently the DJ's - any participant who wants to - makes the Ipod list - and the music varies wildly.)
I was properly exhausted after 1 1/2 hours of full on dancing but my feet didn't ache - because I had been wearing the right shoes!! Will definitely go again.

2. Didn't make it but loved the idea of going to a loft in Tribeca to listen to jazz! Someone kindly forwarded me their email and I'll definitely make it to the next one.

3. Upright Citizen's Brigade for affordable, very funny improv

And that's how we started.

Doing anything interesting and quirky? Tell us, we'll add it to the list. Someone wants to know about this stuff, and how much easier if it is all one page!

No comments: