Friday, March 13, 2009

We will transcend..

So two things about women and friendship and marriage -

First, saw the excellent Gods of Carnage on Tuesday night. I described it later as 'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf, with Hamsters'. Viciously funny, full of real belly laughs, full of lines you've either said yourself or heard or thought of. Two couples meet after the 11 year old son of one, has hit the other son of the other, and broken a tooth... What a juicy place to start!

I told everyone to go and see it 'but only if your marriage is in a good space - then you hear it and laugh. If your marriage is at all fragile, don't go and see it. It's too close to the bone.' as we watch the 2 couples expose all.

And then a friend emailed me this you tube clip, and I cried, as it described women's friendships as we go along in life, and how it helps, just as I returned from breakfast with a new clique of girls I have met, and like. This year I feel unusually rich in friendship, and what a gift that is... seven years in the country and finally I feel I have roots, and friends, and opportunities. It's a good place to be.

No comments: