Thursday, July 12, 2007

Works of Art

I've managed to avoid presenting youtube clips. It's just too easy in a way. Also, while many are quirky, it's such an invitation to waste hours of your life, I can't wholly condone it. But this, this is amazing. A guy recreates the Mona Lisa using Microsoft paint.

See, the potential for art is everywhere!

In our home, we are currently on a beading kick. When I first bought the bead sets, we threaded them and if you made a mistake you had to start again. Clearly not a sport for champions. But then, (and this shows you what a rank amateur I am) I discovered bead boards. Highly sophisticated - basically it's a board with grooves, where you lay your patterns out before threading them. And now, we going gang busters, churning out bracelets with ease. And I'm designing bead rings! I have large fingers and find it really hard to find jewellery that will fit, especially as my current obsession is to have rings for my thumb and pointing finger. But now I can measure them out for myself, and that makes me very happy. So we are hunting beads down and have just put in an order to make this. I'll tell you how it goes...

3 comments:

Laura K. Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura K. Curtis said...

OK, I don't know why that link croaked.

Whatever you do, don't buy any more beads. You should see the bag you are getting! And there's a ring mandrel in there as well, which should make that whole ring thing easier.

Here's the easiest "stitch project" I know. Your son should be able to handle this with ease. (I usually do 2 or 3 green beads where she has 5.)

Liat said...

It's funny, I went and bought a heap of beads, and then at check out my visa card was declined (it has a ridiculously low limit) and I took that as a sign from the gods and didn't reorder. So your bag will be most welcome! thanks.