Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

This is the second Friday the 13th we've had this year. I know because the last one was the day I was flying back from Sydney to New York. I told my mother that my hope was that the flight would be emptier as the superstitious would stay home, but it turns out the sceptics were out in force, because the plane was full!

This Friday we flew no where, but stayed in the city. I was in a room that was so air conditioned that I was shivering, (What an waste of power!) listening to the very first performance of a show my husband is working on. I've never sat in on a reading so early in the piece that was interesting, and makes me want to see how it grows and where it goes. Although needing refinement, the bones were really good, and I was moved.

And then I had that oddly unsettling experience of going to an unfamiliar Wholefoods. I know the products they sell, but they were all in the wrong order, in the wrong place, so I could find nothing I wanted. I still manged to spend $58 on one meagre bag. I did buy one of their cloth bags which is designed to be reused. It has excellent long handles so you can carry the bag on your shoulder if you want and cost $1. They also said they'll give a 10 cent discount every time you bring it in. That's very generous and will encourage people to bring it back. I'll definitely be using it again.

No comments: