Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Life Cycles

People in my family are not well right now, and that's a great sadness for me. So I'm sending cyber blessings out to them.

It's such a cycle, but when things are good, it's hard to imagine they'll be bad once more, and when they're bad, it's hard to see good times ahead. Of course, both follow each other endlessly. It's what you remember more - the good or the bad, which makes it work (or not) for you.

I have a faint memory of a poem that I read in England, which essentially said, that the afterlife is a video of your complete life, and every moment of grace and weirdness, of silent crying, of warmth and laughter, of picking your nose and sneaky masturbations, all of it is filmed, and you sit with everyone you know and watch it. And it's both heaven and hell. He wishes you a remote, to fast forward through the bad times and rewind and rewatch the good... It's as good a blessing as any...

No comments: