Monday, March 21, 2011

A well written sentence that caught my eye




I read so much, and sometimes the issue is interesting and sometimes the way it is told is what catches my attention and this sentence works both ways:-

There’s a funny moment in Martin Amis’s 1984 novel “Money” in which his narrator declares: “Unless I specifically inform you otherwise, I’m always smoking another cigarette.” About Greg O’Connell, it feels safe to say: Unless I specifically inform you otherwise, his cellphone is always pinging

From a nice story in the New York Times about Greg O'Connell, fixer upper of old neighborhoods, bringing the right energy back...
I like to read about people who know that if you aren't after the biggest amount of profit in the shortest amount of time, you can make a very decent living, being a decent person and improving the world around you. A note to the developers out there - it's not rocket science; just patience.

No comments: