Friday, June 12, 2009

Letting things go

I haven't written for the past two days because I've been searching for the perfect image but I've stopped letting the perfect get in the way of the good, and am writing anyways...



I've been going through my closets which are now as neat as they will ever be, throwing things out. (the above image is clearly fantasy.) I have obeyed my three year rule - I have to wear something once every 3 years, or it can't live in my cupboard anymore, and am so grateful that Housingworks opened a shop around the corner so I can go and give my good enough clothes a new home.

It's funny, how I like throwing things out, it makes me feel lighter and less cluttered in my soul somehow, to have my space leaner and cleaner. Though I don't feel like that about my writing at all, have to keep every scrap there, and don't feel like that about people either. I hate it when people leave.

We are all leaving in my world right now. I've been so affiliated with DS's school, and as he leaves elementary school and moves on to middle school, I can see lots of change and flux.

I realize I'm not a 21st century gal after all. I don't relish change and I don't multi-task well. I like depth and stability. But I also appreciate life cycles and I can see one taking place now, and as change comes, as space forms, new things can grow... So I'm simultaneously trying to let go and hold on... no wonder I can't find the closet picture that portrays that!

No comments: