Thursday, January 15, 2009

I kissed a girl...

and I liked it, the song of the summer by Katy Perry. Lately Katy Perry has been everywhere I turn, magazines, grammy ads, interviews (she interviews badly, doesn't come across well at all.) At a birthday party one of the forward thinking 10 yo in DS's class threw, they had a dj who played it and the kids all bopped and sang along.

And last night I was thinking of the words, having just heard it on the radio - I kissed a girl and I liked it, I hope my boyfriend don't mind it, and thought, if a boy sang that, I kissed a boy and I liked it, hope my girlfriend don't mind it, it wouldn't work in the same way at all. Two girls kissing, well that's just to turn the boys on, two boys kissing is another world entirely...

Well, maybe in 20 years a version of the 2 boy thing will be in the charts and we'll know that gay marriage is in and we've really come a long way... But not in 2008, we're not there yet.

No comments: