Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Coupons

It's the simple things in life that give me the most pleasure. I've been receiving a blizzard of emails (thank goodness no trees were killed!) giving me discounts to all sorts of things I don't want. In the meantime, I have a cart at travelsmith, judiciously filled with things I do want. But do you think I get a squeak from them? Nothing.

I continued to be strong, but they have the prettiest camel duster that I really do want, and I have nothing like it (once I went shopping with my son, who refused to allow me to buy a black skirt on the grounds that I already had one. And what could I say, he was absolutely right... so I didn't get it.) But I don't have anything like this!)

And then I had an idea - just because I haven't received a coupon doesn't mean that they don't exist. So I simply googled 'travelsmith coupons' and up came a list of hundreds of sites. The first one, retail me not, had a 15% off plus free shipping coupon and my significantly cheaper duster is now on it's way here...

See, small, simple savings = a happier me. And I'm turning so suburban I can't believe it, but at least I'm getting what I want...

No comments: