Monday, June 16, 2008

Perking up with Percocet

So, the pain is still here. Isn't that unbelievable? It's been months, literally.

But finally I can think again. They gave me oxycotin and all it did was make me floaty, but the pain still dominated and I still couldn't move. So I didn't take it. Finally I went to the doctor and said, is there another class of painkillers to give me and they gave me percocet. DH's new joke - I'm perking up on Percocet. Actually, it's all about pain management, what can they give you to make you get through the day like a semi-normal human being.

So now, I can sit (for short periods) walk (for short periods) and think (okay, you know the drill...) but it feels like a liberation after the months of literally stumbling through the days in a pain filled haze.

On to other matters... one thing about pain is that it makes you boring (or at least it made me boring) I couldn't focus on anything else. I couldn't even read. I could barely lie and listen to music. I couldn't surf the net, I could barely hold a conversation. So I'm glad to start interacting with the world again, because rattling around in my own foggy head was not fun.

My current obsession? Battlestar Galactica, of course. How I've loved that show. I was so out of it, I couldn't watch it and just let the episodes pile up in TIVO. And then, last weekend, I watched all 9 of them at once, leaving me open for the cliffhanger this w/e. Perfect timing.

This series was uneven, there were episodes that frankly felt like filler, where not enough was happening. But the ending, for this ending I'll forgive them anything...

They just push the envelope again and again, showing us our humanity, and the glories and dangers of it. I'm just so grateful to have such excellent and provocative (in the best sense of the word) television. It makes me want all TV to be that good!


No comments: