Monday, November 12, 2007

the saga continues

It's veteran's day, combined with the shift in daylight savings after Halloween, and suddenly it's dark dark at 5pm. I've got a beef and wine stew scenting up the house. We're cooking stews because, you guessed it, the house is till a total mess. Everything, books, papers, wine glasses, is covered in a fine white dust. I clean and the next day it's as if the dust pixies came out at night and dirtied everything up again.

Sorry to moan, but really, that's the only thing going on in my life right now. Someone emailed me the other day and I said 'I can't do another thing, my plate is absolutely full!' with that weird pitch mother's can get in their voices before the shrieking starts. Luckily, they can't hear my tone in the email, but they didn't answer back either...

I feel that after December 1st and my last big event for the school, I can start to calm down (though December 7th is another smaller event) Okay, after december 7th, I'm officially calm. Except that we leave for Sydney on December 17th - always lovely but not necessarily calming. So by Jan 14 (after the 4th grade ELA exams) I will officially be calm. There, I've set myself a deadline, and I'm sticking to it.

Did go to dancedancepartyparty again, for the first time in a long time, and enjoyed it. Still regret that they no longer let my son come with me, because he loved it and he's coming with me meant a) no whose going to stay with him worries and b) we both did exercise that we enjoyed. Still, I will try to make it next week because I do love dancing, and I miss it.

Next posting, the bathroom will done and the moaning will be over! I'll have photos to prove it :)

No comments: