Thursday, June 7, 2007

plastic culture

What do I consider the opposite of good people doing quirky things?
Celebutants.
I never really got Paris Hilton, I mean she didn't do it for me, what ever glamour she was spreading I couldn't see it. So I always felt out of the loop with her - when the press reported on her, I just turned the page. No rage there, if people want to know, let them. And we all have the cause celebre's we like - I used to follow stories on Diana, Princess of Wales. I loved to see pictures of her, and frankly, in the beginning, she was just a debutant who married well, so really, what's the difference.
But this getting out of jail free card. Because she cried. Because she had to be alone with her thoughts for 2 whole days before she broke. Because she can't read? What's with that?!
I was never part of her posse but now I actively despise her. And I want my revenge - just like in the wonderful film Dangerous Liaisons with Glenn Close, I want the same ending, where her fellow elite punished her by hissing as she came to the Opera and forcing her to leave. I want her to be rejected and ignored. Because I feel that people who put themselves so far up above the masses, that laws don't apply to her, that drink driving, which kills people, doesn't apply to her, that putting her lights doesn't apply to her - and why don't any of these women have drivers? What is their problem. I want the world at large to become bored with them and their problems and give them no more attention. Only then will I be satisfied. Let's ignore the bitches, because nothing else is going to stop them!

No comments: