Friday, June 1, 2007

Other Blogs

So, MUG - Manhattan User's Guide - which sends me emails every day, and has a pretty good hit rate in terms of me reading them- sent me one with this blog. Without even reading it I know I'll love it because it's called I hate duane reade. And the sad truth is, I'm just disappointed that I didn't label a topic with that charming title myself. Because I am one of the converted. I had no intention of joining the cult, had no history of animosity, only came to these shores 5 years ago, but DR has done it's utmost and now I too belong - I hate Duane Reade with a passion that is personal. I don't know what they do to their staff but they are the most miserable, surly, unhelpful people you are likely to meet. That company really needs to do something fast. I will even go to my extortionate local pharmacy rather than go to DR. Not that DR is any cheaper...

Another blog that was funny and interesting was ranting about grammer and clarity, which is one of the quirky, almost old fashioned one might say, things that I care about. I mean I swear like a sailor, or probably worse than a sailor - there is no word I will not use, no phrase that has not passed my lips. But I like sentences that flow, words that follow each other in the appropriate order and I love puns. So I'll visit this is not a sentence again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the land of litigation are you not worried that DR will sue??