Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spamalot

I get a lot of emails from people I don't know, so I have to check my spam folder regularly, and one out of every 100 spams is actually a real email.

But it means I read through the headings of all that spam, and it got me thinking. I so don't care about penis size, but all that hysterical blathering (it's too small, too thin, increase your manhood, come 10 times in one day - and frankly, who wants that! - and my favorite - you have to thicken your love root.) makes me wonder who does, and are there things I care about, only because society is blathering at me so strongly, that it's hard to shut out the message.

I don't care about penis circumference, but I do care about weight, and every so often the weight ones will grab my eye, and then I have to forcibly look away. If anyone was at all vulnerable to any of these spam issues, I can see how this constant hysterical repetition could wear them down. It so clear to me that it's rubbish, because it's talking about something I don't care about. But if I did care... it's easy to see how you could be sucked in.

I do wish there was something we could do to lessen it, it just seems like a negative energy that we let loose in the world.

No comments: